Wednesday 5 November 2014

Things That Make Me Feel Better...

This is a bit of an unusual blog post but I was messaged today by a lady I met last year at chemo, I haven't seen her in a long time as she moved away but she's really poorly at the moment and she wanted some advice for things to make her feel better and a bit happpier, and so I thought everyone wants that don't they? They want to feel relaxed and chilled and happy?!

I'm sorry boys but I don't really know what you'd do to relax, maybe play some playstation? haha but GIRLS! Read on and hopefully I can help.

Firstly, I have a nice shower, unfortunately, I don't have a bath in my house, we had it taken out and replaced with a wet room but I'd have a big bubble bath if I could with a nice lush bath bomb!

Straight after my shower I'll do all my face bits and wax my eyebrows!

After, I like to put some nice products on my hair, at the moment I'm using a hair serum from Aussie- "Dual Personality Shine + Coloured Hair Protection"
I just put a couple of pumps in the palm of my hand and work it through my hair, then get my tangle teaser and work through the knots! 
I got mine from ASDA as they regularly do 3 for £10 on Aussie products so I get Shampoo, Conditioner and this, I also have all the leave in conditioners! I'm a big aussie fan to be honest! However, if you're not an ASDA visitor here's a link to buy it online!


Next up, I like to paint my nails, at the moment I'm trying to get into the autumnal feel so I went with a deep red sort of colour this colour is Barry M "273 Raspberry"

Okay so now I have to sit forever and wait for these to dry so normally I'm watching- Hollyoaks, Kardashians or FRIENDS. If you're going to make a night of it maybe put a movie on as soon as you get out the shower? 

So lately my skin has been really dry even though it was really dry beforehand, it's so much worse now, so I have some medicated creams to put all over my body but it just doesn't feel 'lovely' so at the moment I'm using a cream my nanny has been buying for years- "Vaseline Essential Moisture"
(Here's a link to buy from Boots)


It's a really nice moisturiser, it smells fresh and it soaks into the skin so well makes me feel all silky and beaut, the BEST thing is freshly shaved legs and this cream... HEAVEEEENNN! 

So that's my body all soft, I have a night cream for my face which I've repurchased 3 times now, it doesn't really soak into the skin and it feels quite heavy when you first put it on but that's what I love about it, when I wake up in the morning my skin feels so soft and prepped for make-up! It's a "Nivea Night Cream" 
I went and tried lots of different night creams a couple of years ago and didn't really fall in love with any of them enough to even finish them, but this one is perfect for me, if you've got dry skin I would really recommend it BUT THEN AGAIN, I have to split my week between two products to apply at night because even though I love that product I also LOVEEE face oil, it has done wonders for my face and I've nearly run out I'll DEFINITELY be repurchasing though!

Then onto the tootsies, for a few years I've been using "Soap and Glory Heel Genius" it's amazing, It's so nice to feel soft feet! Soaks in really nicely, smells good and the smallest amount goes a long way so a tube lasts a long time! 




I went to Boots today and there's LOAAAAADS of gift sets in there at the moment and a whole aisle of Soap and Glory so I think that soap and glory gift sets would make a really nice Christmas gift! (if you're looking for Christmas gifts for girls this might help, daughters, nieces, friends etc)

Okay then after all this my body is so soft I could... well I don't know what I could do but let's just say I'm feeling excellent. 

Whilst all this is happening I'll have a couple of candles lit- I've always loved Yankee and I have a tart burner- 
I always have sweet tarts, I love Vanilla Cherry and Vanilla ones but at the moment I'm burning a Christmas Cookie one, it beautiful. The idea with this burner is you unwrap the tart and place it in the top and you light a tea light underneath and the tart burns and releases the scent, if you want to change the tart just stick the whole burner in the freezer for 5 minutes and pop the tart out! 

So my evenings normally look a bit like this-

I know it's not a lot but it makes me happy especially with some chocolate or popcorn, you can just chill out and think about pampering yourself, then get an early night.

Speaking of, I'm going to go and do all of this now and watch a Christmas film because I'm absolutely buzzing about the festive season!

What are some things you do to chill out? I need to change my routine up!




No comments:

Post a Comment